Ranch Camps are a residential or day camp designed for persons 18 years of age and older who 1) have intellectual disabilities, 2) are emotionally and physically well, and 3) whose behavior is within acceptable guidelines. Camps are held at the Beautiful Abilities Ranch at Lone Pecan in Edge, on 60 beautiful acres, 20 miles east of Bryan/College Station. It's a wonderful place to get away and have fun, Fun, FUN!!
2017 RESIDENTIAL CAMPS:
- What? Ranch Camp 2017
- Who? Adults 18 years old and older with intellectual disabilities
- Where? Beautiful Abilities Ranch at Lone Pecan in Edge, On 60 beautiful acres, 20 miles east of Bryan/College Station
- When? Six (6) 5-day long camp sessions beginning June 11 through July 28 ( No camp July 2-7)
- Why? To get away and have fun, Fun, FUN!!
- How much? $750
- Check In: Sundays at 5:00 pm. Welcome and check-in begin promptly at 5:00 pm.
- Check Out: Fridays at 10:00 am. There will be a closing ceremony lasting 1 hour. You are encouraged to attend. A $25.00 per hour fee will be charged for late pick up for any campers picked up after 1:00 pm.
- Application/Refund: Please fill out the attached form. A non-refundable deposit of $ 150 per session is required with the application. The deposit will apply to the $750 camp fee. If application is not accepted for any reason, you will be notified and the deposit will be refunded .The remaining balance is due on or before check in. All fees paid in full before May 1, get a $25 discount. If more than one person is applying, or more than one camp, an additional $25/ camper will be applied to each camper. An application is considered complete only if signed in ALL places signatures are requested. Applications submitted after June 1 must include full payment. NO refunds will be granted after May 31, 2017.
We are happy to announce this summer we will be offering day camps for those who want to experience our ranch day program summer activities with the campers, but cannot afford or are not ready for overnights. These are open enrollment for the month of May and after that they will be considered on a case by case basis, so sign up now! See below for more information.
Day Camp at the ranch will be from 8 am -3:00 pm M-W & 10 am - 9 pm on Thursday. Lunch will be provided each day and dinner on Thursday. Transportation will only be offered to day campers from Bryan on Thursday for an additional $10, but we encourage you to get your friends and work out a car pool.
If you are not served by Beautiful Abilities please complete an application on line, put DAY ONLY and submit the deposit on line or send application in mail with a check with the completed application. Be sure to pick the week or weeks you want to attend.
Private pay is $125 for 4 days and includes the Thursday night dance. You can reserve your spot with a $50 deposit. You can pay the deposit online and the remainder is due by the 1st day of their camp.
If you have HCS or TxHL, provide us a contact and we will seek to contract with local providers for "day habilitation" which will cover the fees plus a $25 activity fee paid as the deposit when you apply to cover meals & activities.
If you are served by Beautiful Abilities contact your Beautiful Abilities case coordinator if you want to attend.
We are also working on a sleep over option for day campers for one night at an additional fee, so keep posted.
Hope to hear from you soon and see you there!
- Ranch Camp does not accept campers requiring one-on-one supervision, and campers requiring such supervision will be dismissed.
- Campers with controlled seizure disorders, cerebral palsy, autism spectrum disorders and other physical disabilities will be individuallyevaluated for admission.
- Medical conditions and equipment which Ranch Camp may not be able to accommodate include G-tubes, feeding pumps, and baclofenpumps.
- Smoking is not allowed at Ranch Camp and no accommodations are made for smokers. If a prospective camper cannot comfortably go one week (seven full days) without smoking, then he or she should not apply.